Just like the other furniture, upholstered dining chairs also need a good maintenance. To make it more durable, you have to know how to keep, maintain and also in clean it. Even, the furniture are kept in a formal dining room that is rarely used, you have to still clean it.
You just want to have it in its best look when it will be used. So, we advice you to get it regular maintenance. To clean upholstered chairs, you will need vacuum cleaner, stain remover, water in bucket, towels and detergent. The steps are so easy below.
- First, you have to clean the dust. Use the vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from your upholstered dining chairs. You can use the brush first then ne narrow nozzle to reach the dust in folds and crevices.
- Place the stain remover in a spray bottle. Then, spray toward the stain the chair. Leave it for minutes then press against the stain. After that, you can wipe with wet towel. Next, let it dry before you continue the next steps.
- Then, leave the stain to dry. It will takes a long time actually. Can be hours or better if you leave it overnight.
- So, we come to the fabric. Prepare the detergent and water in bucket.
- Pour the detergent to the bucket and fill with water. Use only a tablespoon detergent. Then, scrub into the chair, the whole chair. Make sure you have scrub gently all side, fold and crevices in the seat.
- Then, rinse using wet towel.
- Last, leave it until it dries.
After finishing the procedure, you can place back the chairs to the dining room. Now, the chairs are ready to use, looking good and smelling fresh. A well maintained furniture will last longer!